Friday, February 09, 2007

Laundry on a Madagascan Line





These are from Keda as well!
"i was visiting a lover who had moved there. he had already accepted the job when we met and it was for the french government so he had to go.. he loved it. and so did i when he sent me a ticket to visit.
sadly though with so much distance and not enough commitment on either side we couldn't make it last, but we did still have a blast. and mdagascar was incredible. i desperately want to go back and visit more of africa in my lifetime. it's all true what they say about it's sky. amazing. k*

Keda, these rock! I have actually been hoping for a photo of laundry drying on the ground as they do in Bangladesh so I am very happy that the second photo in particular has found its way to my blog. Thanks again.

2 comments:

Bobealia... said...

People in St. Vincent often draped their clean laundry all over their bushes and I always wanted to take pics, but I felt like it was a really private thing to take a picture of... wish I had now.

keda said...

i wish i'd got better pics of this.

on the way to and from the airport in antananarivo all along the edges of the rice paddys were covered with bright washing. but we were always speeding past so this was the only one i could get.